If there is any inconsistency between the English and Chinese version of this Policy, the English version shall prevail. This Policy may from time to time be revised or otherwise changed where we deem necessary.
Throughout this Policy, the meaning of the term “personal data” is defined in the Ordinance.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
If you are under the age of 18, you should obtain consent from your parent or guardian before you provide FAO with your personal data.
When you access the FAO Sites, view or interact with FAO Content or otherwise communicate with us digitally, FAO and our partners will collect Personal Data using the following technologies:
– “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
– “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
– “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
USES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We will use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To enhance or improve user experience, the FAO Sites and/or our products and/or services, or to facilitate our performance of our services or any services offered on the FAO Sites.
- To register, verify, process and maintain your account on the FAO Sites.
- To process, verify, operate, manage, administer and maintain membership programs for our users, including but not limited to the CC CLUB Membership Program, etc.
- To process your orders and/or transactions on the FAO Sites and/or for our products and/or services.
- To follow up on comments, inquiries and complaints that users submit to the Sites, as well as to process your applications, registrations or subscriptions.
- To provide a personalized service, for example we use your information to provide you with personalized recommendations for our products that we think you might like, tailor FAO Content to better suit your interests or, at your request and where available, to offer personalized and customized products.
- For analytics purposes, for example we may analyze your information including your location, products and/or services requested, age, time zone, IP address and URL visited, against our wider customer base for internal business purposes, such as generating statistics and developing marketing plans, to improve our services and products, the FAO Sites and FAO Content. We may also aggregate and de-identify your information to create customer segments and share with our partners.
- To communicate with our investors and/or potential investors, and that of FAO and any of its subsidiary, associated and/or related company.
- To conduct and process any contests, giveaways and/or surveys that we may from time to time organize in relation to the Fao Sites, our business, products and/or services, and to announce the winners of the relevant contests on the Fao Sites or any other medium/channels as may be required under the applicable laws.
- To comply with any law binding on us or for the purposes of any guidelines or codes of practice issued by regulatory or other authorities with which we are reasonably expected to comply.
- Any other purpose(s) which has been agreed by or notified to you
We may share your Personal Data with marketing companies who help us analyse the personal data we collect so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business and services to you.
We may also share your Personal Data to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Unless expressly stated in this statement or with prior consent, personal data collected from you will not be disclosed to any third party other than the above-named parties.
As described above, we use your Personal Data to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. You may withdraw your consent any time in by writing to the address below or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECURITY OF DATA
Except as mentioned in paragraph 4 above, your personal data, however stored, will be accessed only by our employees or contractors who are authorized to do and under a duty of confidentiality to us. Such authorized personnel or contractors designated to handle personal data will be instructed to do so only in accordance with this Policy.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF INFORMATION AND WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT
You may at any time request access to and correct personal data relating to you in any of our records. To exercise any of your rights, contact us at the address below or email@example.com marking your communication “Confidential”. In response, we may ask you to provide certain details about yourself so that we can be sure you are the person to whom the data refers.
All such requests will be handled promptly in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance. FAO may charge a reasonable fee for processing your data access request.
RETENTION OF DATA
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the data was collected unless the personal data is also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations. Personal data which no longer required will be destroyed.
If you have any questions or wish to access or correct your personal data or withdraw your consent to the use of your personal data held by FAO, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the address below:
FREDALLARD OFFICE LTD.
UNIT 2701-05, 27/F,
TOWER A, REGENT CENTRE,
63 WO YI HOP ROAD,
KWAI CHUNG, NT, HONG KONG